Distributorships - Hotel owners - Web cooperation
- How many months does one membership last?
- How much does the membership cost?
- Can I choose where to purchase my Hotel Express membership?
- How many rooms is one card valid for? Can I book for my colleague too?
- How can I make my reservation?
- Can I call any Hotel Express office to make a reservation?
- Am I guaranteed up to 50% discount on all my reservations?
- Why would I become a member if I am not guaranteed the discount?
- Is the cardholder the only person who can use the card?
- Can I bring my family and get the Hotel Express rate?
- If I purchase the card through the company, can I then use it for private travels?
- Is the Hotel Express discount applicable at weekend rates too?
- If my company is interested in several cards for its travelling staff, are there any discounts applicable?
- Are membership cards renewed automatically or where do I do so?
- Why would any hotel offer up to 50% discount of their rates?
- Who is Hotel Express membership suited for?
1. How many months does one membership last?
A: Normally 12 months from date of purchase. It does not follow the calendar year.
2. How much does the membership cost?
A: This may vary from country to country, due to different levels of taxes etc. To find the price in your country, click on 'Buy membership' from the left menu and select your country from the list.
3. Can I choose where to purchase my Hotel Express membership?
A: No, you need to buy it in your country of residence. Attempts of purchasing elsewhere will be forwarded to your local Hotel Express Office.
4. How many rooms is one card valid for? Can I book for my colleague too?
A: One card is required per room. This means that you cannot book one room for you and one for your colleague, the second person needs a card of his own. Seeing that it only takes 2 or 3 nights at a hotel to make the card worth its cost – it is really worth recommending Hotel Express to all your colleagues.
5. How can I make my reservation?
A: A reservation request can either be placed directly with the hotel you wish to stay at, or you can contact the office where you purchased your membership. They will assist with your booking and send you a written confirmation. Abroad reservations are free of charge.
6. Can I call any Hotel Express office to make a reservation?
A: No, you need to contact your local Hotel Express Office, the office where you purchased your card. The reason is that you have paid the membership fee to that office, and they are therefore responsible for your member service.
7. Am I guaranteed an up to 50% discount on all my reservations?
A: No. The discount is always subject to expected availability and if a hotel expects to be fully booked for the night in question, they can say no to the discount. It is always up to the hotel to decide whether or not to accept it. However, many of our online bookable hotels can be reserved with discount till last room availability.
8. Why would I become a member if I am not guaranteed the discount?
A: Statistics from Hotel Express’ reservation service show that between 80 and 85% of all reservations are accepted at the Hotel Express rates. Getting Hotel Express discount in 8 out of 10 attempts is very good, and a lot of money saved!
9. Is the cardholder the only person who can use the card?
A: Yes, it is a personalized card and the cardholder needs to be present in the room. No one else is entitled to use the card.
10. Can I bring my family and get the Hotel Express rate?
A: Most hotels are flexible with regard to accommodating you and your family at the discounted price even if you should need two rooms.
11. If I purchase the card through the company, can I then use it for private travels?
A: Yes, of course! There are no limitations as to how often you can use the card or to the purpose of the travel. The only restriction is that the cardholder is present and that ID can be shown along with the Hotel Express card, if requested at check-in.
12. Is the Hotel Express discount applicable at weekend rates too?
A: No, it is always off regular full price. The Hotel Express discount cannot be taken in conjunction with any other offer hotels may have. If you are staying at a hotel in a weekend, then you should ask what is the better rate; Hotel Express or their own special weekend offer.
13. If my company is interested in several cards for its travelling staff, are there any discounts applicable?
A: The decision on offering a special rate when purchasing several cards will be up to the local Hotel Express office to determine. One is always allowed to negotiate…
14. Are membership cards renewed automatically? What is the procedure for doing so?
A: Normally memberships are not renewed automatically. If you have bought your card through a sales office in your country, you should receive a call or a letter with question of renewal just before your current card expires. If not, then you are most welcome to renew your card online. Choose ‘renew card’ on www.hotel-express.com left margin. Please note that some local exceptions might exist.
15.Why would any hotel offer up to 50% discount of their rates?
A: Very few hotels have an occupancy of 100%. Instead of leaving the rooms empty, they are selling them to Hotel Express members at discounted rates. The rooms are there anyway and it is a waste to let them remain empty. Not only the hotels are making money on this, but the members are saving at the same time. Smart, eh? We know, and that is why we experience such an increase in members and hotels.
16.Who is a Hotel Express membership suited for?
A: The membership is mainly suited for companies and their employees. You should stay at a hotel at least 3 nights a year for the membership to be of value.
|Discount calculator Member hotels Testimonials|